Since so many of us are working at home right now, people are improving and improvising their “workstation.” While working from home can be a perk, there are also risks involved in working remotely. Working from home can also be a distraction and can deter people from focusing on their work.
Whether you’re a seasoned freelancer or someone just starting out, here are a few tips and tricks to make working from home as productive as a day at work:
- Stay connected. Working from home can make you feel bored and isolated. Try to schedule virtual or in-person meetings with a team member or even a friend to prevent the feeling of being disconnected from the rest of the world.
- Distractions. While working from home has a lot of perks it can also come with distractions. It is important to identify the sources of distractions, attend to them and redirect yourself back to work.
- Vitamins. Since you’re not bound to a physical workplace, take the liberty of going out once a day. It is scientifically proven that even a twenty minute walk can help you regain your focus and work better.
- Routine. Just like a day in the office, learn to structure your day at home. Set tasks, goals and hours for your day. This will help you stick to a schedule and be productive. Also, take time to include proper breaks for meals and hydrate!
- Work space. It can be tempting to sit on a couch to work when you are in the comfort of your home. It is a good idea to have a designated home office or space to work. This will help you focus and enhance productivity.
These few tips can help you be more productive as you pursue working from home and freelancing. Register today to get started! www.ezyfreelance.com