PROPRIETARY RIGHTS INFRINGEMENT REPORTING PROCEDURES
Important Warning: There may be legal and financial consequences for submitting false claims or inaccurate information. Before submitting a Notice of proprietary rights infringement to EZY Freelance may result in civil and/or criminal liability. be sure that you are the actual rights holder of the content, are authorized to act on behalf of one, or are authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright. You should contact a legal advisor if you have any questions.
If you are a proprietary rights owner and you believe someone is using EZY Freelance to infringe your proprietary rights, you may provide EZY Freelance with the notice described below (the “Notice”) to EZY Freelance’s Legal Department by email to email@example.com or by mail to Attn: EZY Freelance Legal, PO Box 3450, Glen Allen, VA 23058. The Notice fulfils the requirements of the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. Section 512(c)(3) (“DMCA”). The Legal Department is EZY Freelance’s designated agent under the DMCA.
In response to your Notice, EZY Freelance may remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material and take such other actions we deem appropriate in our sole discretion. If we remove or disable access, we will attempt to contact the poster of the allegedly infringing material so that the poster may provide a counter notification.
Please include the following items in your Notice, and number them as follows:
- Your full legal name
- Your home or mailing address
- Your telephone numbers
- If applicable, your email address
- If your original work is located on EZY Freelance, your EZY Freelance username
- A URL to your original work.
- A description of the alleged infringement (Where it is located, what is being copied, etc.).
- The URL(s) of allegedly infringing material located on EZY Freelance.
Include the following statements:
- I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material or reference or link to such material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).”
- I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
- Sign and date the Notice.
The owner or administrator of the allegedly infringing material may provide EZY Freelance with a Counter Notice by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail to Attn: EZY Freelance Legal, 4990 Saddler Pl, #3450, Glen Allen, VA 23060. The Counter Notice fulfils the requirements of the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 USC Section 512(g)(3).
In response to a Counter Notice, EZY Freelance may reinstate the allegedly infringing material. Please bear in mind that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that material is not infringing the proprietary rights of others.
Please include the following items in your Counter Notice, and number them as follows:
- Identify the website, webpage, posting, profile, feedback, or other material that EZY Freelance has removed or to which EZY Freelance has disabled access. Identify the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
- Identify yourself by name. Provide your address, telephone number, and an email address where we can contact you.
- Include a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or San Mateo County, California, if your address is outside the United States), and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the Notice or from an agent of that person.
- Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that each website, webpage, posting, profile, feedback or other material identified above was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.”
- Sign and date the Counter Notice.
EZY Freelance only protects the physical representation of an idea, not the idea itself. Titles, similar plots or themes are not enough to constitute as copyright infringement. If you are unsure of whether a work infringes your copyright, we encourage you to seek professional/legal advice before submitting a notice.